President/CEO and Founder of Asian-American Homeownership Counseling, Inc. (AAHC)
Song established AAHC in March, 2010, with the purpose of servicing Asian-Americans in becoming responsible and sustainable homeowners. She has worked in housing, mortgage and finance industries for over a decade and realized that Asian-American communities are generally underserved by society as a whole. People generally believe that Asian-Americans are self sufficient and financially better off than some other ethnic groups, but in actuality, a large percentage of Asian-American homeowners are suffering from a shortage of resources, tools and knowledge to survive this turbulent economy. Asian-Americans, particularly recent immigrants, have significant difficulty in understanding the American financial and housing system. Just as with any immigrant community, they experience difficulties in communication, because of language barriers, cultural differences, and the minimum knowledge they have. Song hopes to reach out and help the Asian American community with their housing, credit/debt, and financial education needs and to assist their efforts to manage their finances responsibly and be able to afford to keep and maintain the homes they love.
Song currently is:
- the President/Founder of the Asian Real Estate Association of America’s (AREAA’s), DC Metro Chapter, a 501 C 6 not-for profit, which she established in December 2007. Song was also the first Chairperson of the Board of Directors. AREAA DC Metro is dedicated to providing its members with essential information to help grow their businesses and learn how to best serve the Asian American community in today’s volatile housing market.
- CRMP, Vice President at Capital Point Funding Group, Inc. in Rockville MD, serving MD, VA and DC, where she is an expert on reverse mortgages for seniors. Previous to that, she also held a Sales Manager’s position with Wells Fargo in its reverse mortgage division.
- Chairwoman of Washington Korean Realty Association (WKRA), it covers DC, MD and VA. Its mission is to educate the Korean Realtors with up to date market information, rules and regulations (compliances), and guide them to better serve the Korean homeownership community. It also provides the direct educational programs to consumers.
Previously, Song was:
- a fully licensed; Series 7, 66, Annuity and MD Life Insurance, Registered Representative and Financial Advisor with Acacia Financial Advisors in Rockville, MD.
- a retail Branch Manager, VP for Riggs Bank and Chevy Chase Bank for over 12 years as a top bank manager. At one point, Song managed the products and services sales training for residential mortgage products, and mentoring for over 400 bank employees.
- a board member of Washington Korean Women’s Society, a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit charitable organization since 1999. Past President and Chairman. WKWS provides financial support to AmerAsian Children in Korea and scholarships to high school students in DC, MD and VA.
- owned an art gallery and held a real estate license in VA.
Song is a world traveler (she has visited all 5 continents, 25 plus countries), is culturally diversified, and loves nature and wildlife.